Having in some instances very large video files to upload to YouTube, I was looking for a desktop tool to upload YouTube videos. Google Video once had a nice, simple tool, as did YouTube once a very long time ago. Since then those tools were deprecated and we were forced to upload large videos through a browser, leading to lags.
Well, there is a neat 3rd party tool that does the job for you nicely. It’s called “Free Studio” and, well, it’s free.
Free Studio not only does a great job uploading YouTube videos, it also does various other multimedia services. Among other things, you can easily:
– convert video and audio files between different formats as well as iPod, PSP, iPhone, BlackBerry and all other popular mobile phones and devices;
– burn and rip DVDs and audio CDs;
– upload and download YouTube videos and music to your computer, iPod, PSP, iPhone or BlackBerry;
– perform basic editing of audio and video files;
– record videos and make snapshots;
– create 3D videos and images.
The requirements are as follows: Windows XP SP3, Vista, Windows 7 and .Net Framework 2 SP2
According to their site, “Free Studio does not contain spyware or adware. It’s absolutely free and completely safe to install and run.” So far I’ve had no issues!