Top 5 Reasons to become a Web Developer
1. Average salary: $82,000+*
You’ll be rewarded handsomely for your awesome developer skills.
2. If you’ve ever dreamt of living in cities like San Francisco, New York, Chicago, Seattle, Atlanta or Philadelphia web developers are in high demand in these major hubs and well — nationwide!**
3. Have an idea? Just build it. It’s that simple.***
Think Instagram, Facebook, DrawSomething, or Udemy
4. You create the future. Think about the impact technology has on YOUR life. You can be a part of creating life-changing products and online services.****
5. Let your right and left brain unite. Web development requires high levels of creativity and structured thinking. You’ll finally get those unused synapses firing.*****
Summary: Get paid to build awesome products! Turn your pipedream into a reality by learning how to code it yourself.
Splash-on-Cold-Water Comments by Rafi
*= After a high amount of experience and demonstrated ability to manage web projects and people. Lots of stress and overtime hours, too.
**=These jobs are in demand if the desired web scripts cannot be found in India or Sri Lanka.
***= Just build it, but find a way to earn funding while building it. Sophisticated web programs can take an enormous amount of hours to complete, and if you’re doing it yourself with no one to support you (i.e. not living at home), it can be difficult. Also, you need to find people to buy into your “awesome idea.”
****= High levels of creativity, unless you’re being managed by someone who wants a program done in a specific manner. Also, most people are either very strong right-brain or left-brain, but rarely both.
Interested in learning more? Here’s how coding languages stack up when pitted against each other.